Home Safety and Compliance
We help The Community Housing Group to keep residents safe at home and meet their regulatory requirements.
The service will ensure that boilers, fires and heating systems are safe and working efficiently and cost effectively.
All of our engineers are Gas Safe approved.
Carbon Monoxide checks
Carbon monoxide kills! It is a colourless, odourless, tasteless and poisonous gas. It is produced by the incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal, and usually by appliances which haven’t been properly installed, maintained or poorly ventilated.
We supply and fit carbon monoxide (CO) detectors in homes and assist The Community Housing Group in providing safety advice to residents. These are checked during the annual gas safety service.
We carry out an electrical test in all the Group’s properties every five years. The inspection involves looking at the condition of the existing wiring and identifying any repairs needed to meet national safety standards. The Electrical Inspection Condition Report will:
- reveal if any electrical circuits or equipment is overloaded
- find any potential shock and fire hazards in the installation
- identify any defective DIY electrical work
- highlight any lack of earthing or bonding
- Tests are also carried out on wiring and associated fixed electrical equipment such as smoke alarms to check that it is safe. The test can take 2-4 hours to complete, depending on the size of your property.
We are a NICEIC approved contractor and have a wealth of experience across the team, working to the highest standards.
Legionnaire’s disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia caused by inhaling small droplets of contaminated water containing the legionella bacteria. All hot and cold water systems are a potential source for legionella bacteria growth.
To prevent this, we carry out regular checks for The Community Housing Group. We ensure that these are performed in all communal blocks containing stored water including the Independent Living Schemes, Extra Care Schemes and high rise buildings, which include the following:
- Weekly – all areas where there is stagnant water, all outlets are flushed through to clear and are temperature tested
- Monthly – hot water temperature checks
- Quarterly – checks to ensure that all shower heads and spray taps are cleansed through to avoid a build-up of lime scale, mould or algae.
We assist The Community Housing Group to manage their register of where asbestos is located in communal areas and meet the requirements under the 'Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006'.
We assist The Community Housing Group to carry out fire risk assessments for blocks of flats and Independent Living Schemes. This also includes carrying our improvement works and ensuring that fire protection is not compromised when carrying out repair and maintenance works.