Oakleaf provides high quality building construction and development and as well as employing a highly skilled workforce, has a large Apprenticeship programme and holds a reputation for employing and developing young people particularly in trades such as bricklaying, carpentry and electrical work.
We created the Garage Development Programme which transforms old derelict garage sites into new build, social housing developments for The Community Housing Group. These sites are generally unused and in derelict condition and are developed into highly desirable new build houses, more cost effectively than using external main contractors.
We have developed our own dedicated department that specialise in these small garage site schemes, providing employment training opportunities to local people, as well as being a keen advocate of the apprentice scheme, offering work experience to the unemployed and school leavers.
Considerate Constructors Scheme
We are keen advocates of the Considerate Constructors Scheme which seeks to improve the image of the construction industry by striving to promote best practice in construction, under the Code.
The scheme looks at targeting several areas:
- Care about appearance of the site, internally and externally
- Respect within the local community and the impact to their lives
- Protecting the environment
- Securing high levels of safety to the workforce and the public
- Valuing the workforce, their wellbeing and development needs
Each site is marked in accordance to the scheme and applies to all registered sites, companies and suppliers regardless of size, type or location.
We have achieved some excellent scores, with our highest being 42 out of 50 with some very positive feedback from the assessors and local residents.
We are a local authority approved contractor and work with local authorities across the West Midlands to adapt or enhance properties which will improve the quality of life for disabled people.
Our skilled team work with Occupational Therapists and other health care professionals ensuring that the project is carried out with the minimum amount of disruption to the resident. All our trades teams have received specialist customer care as well as equality and diversity awareness training.
We can also provide interpreters, including sign language, on request.
We specialise in the:
- Installation of disabled access wheelchair ramps
- Modification of doors and doorways for disabled access
- Installation of handrails and handles
- Installation of disabled access toilets and bathrooms, including showers and baths
- Installation of a wide range of specialist equipment including hoists and lifts
- Construction of purpose built extensions
If you are disabled and need to make changes to your home then you may qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant which is provided through your local council. To find out whether you are eligible for a grant, your GP or Occupational Therapist will assess your condition. An application form can be obtained from local council from the housing or environmental health department.
A service specifically useful for landlords which is designed to ensure property and building maintenance is kept to the highest possible standard.
Working on a six year rolling programme, we will survey up to 1000 properties a year and we have extensive experience of delivering planned maintenance programmes which includes:
- Doors & windows replacements
- Fascia repair
- Rainwater drainage
- Painting preparation
We offer a complete home improvement service that will help you to achieve the home of our dreams, without the nightmare of DIY. This service is offered to homes, commercial premises and retail premises:
All our work is carried out by our professional and qualified teams, and is fully guaranteed and specialise in the following:
- Kitchen installations and remodelling projects
- Bathroom installations including all tiling and plumbing works
- Roof replacements
- Guttering and fascia replacements
- Window and door installations, in PCVu or wooden (made to measure)
- Energy efficiency improvements including loft insulation and draft proofing
- Green and alternative energy advice
- Solar panel installation
We can also provide a full property conversion service including:
- Building extensions
- Layout redesign (including kitchen and bathrooms)
- Change of use projects (from residential to commercial and vice versa)
- Property conversions (to convert a dwelling into a number of self-contained units)
We offer a service and repairs provision for our tenants and customers.
Our teams are Gas Safe or NICEIC approved engineers with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with the company. They can complete any repairs as well as provide an annual service and safety check for all our customers.
Don’t wait until winter to get your boiler serviced – get your boilers and appliances serviced at least every 12 months.
Our team can complete a simple safety check and fit carbon monoxide testers that could potentially save your life.
Carbon Monoxide is a killer! It is a colourless, odourless, tasteless and poisonous gas which means you won’t know it’s there until it’s too late. It is produced by the incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal, and usually by appliances which haven’t been properly installed, maintained or poorly ventilated.
We can also fit and remove gas or electric cookers and hobs, as well as disconnect your old appliance and take it away along with any packaging, and provide you with an official installation certificate.
|Awarded to Broadwaters||Awarded to Amblecote Road||Awarded to Keats Place|