Business Plan 2017-18
Message from the former Chair of Oakleaf Commercial Services
As a member of The Community Housing Group (TCHG), one of the largest registered housing providers and employers in Worcestershire, Oakleaf's predominant role is to deliver services in construction, grounds repairs and maintenance, maintenance, PVC-u windows and bespoke timber joinery manufacturing for a wide portfolio of customers throughout the West Midlands.
Many of our services are delivered on behalf of other companies within the Group and offer a direct benefit to the Group's tenants, employees and communities within Wyre Forest. Oakleaf also has many contracts delivering services across the West Midlands contributing to the local economy and communities in which we work. These services all contribute to TCHG's overall mission of 'Improving Lives' by supporting individuals to achieve their potential and working together to deliver sustainable homes, services and communities.
As we look to the future we have a number of exciting challenges and opportunities on the horizon including:
- Maximising the opportunity of the Finepoint depot in terms of co-locating staff to deliver efficiencies and to utilise the capacity created for future business expansion
- Supporting the Group’s Value for Money Strategy by ensuring the Oakleaf business is efficient and effective in the services it provides, and rolling out of mobile working to all teams
- Embeding our new partnerships and maximising the social value opportunities they provide
- Carrying out a trial of timber frame housing and expanding the new homes teams
- Building 50 new homes within the district
- Investing in new IT/digital technology to strengthen our operations and work more efficiently supporting TCHG to review the service offer to tenants.
We recognise we can achieve much more by working in partnership with our supply chain, customers and other key stakeholders. Our partnerships have enabled us to develop customer focused services and improve value for money.
We have no doubt that the year ahead will bring major challenges as we continue our journey.
As the business expands we will continue to focus on managing risk, as well as stress testing our business to ensure it remains strong and sustainable.
Ed Osborn, former Chair
The Community Housing Group and subsidiary companies share the same strategic goals and have adopted a Group Mission, Vision & Value statement. This business plan demonstrates how we will achieve our goals and targets.